Welcome to the Honey Lady, a 100% SA owned company committed to providing our customers the taste and health benefits of Raw South Australian Honey.
Top three facts about Honey Lady Honey:
- Our honey is 100% South Australian honey sourced from local SA beekeepers (The majority is sourced from the Fleurieu Peninsula, but it is dependent on the availability of the season).
- Our honey is raw and unfiltered honey straight from the hive. Raw honey is honey that has not been heated above the natural temperature of the hive (40-45° Celsius). Not heating the honey above its natural temperature (pasteurised) ensures that all the enzymes, probiotics and benefits of raw honey are preserved.
- The beekeepers we source our honey from do not use chemicals or antibiotics to treat their bees, hives or equipment.
Quite simply, Raw Honey is honey as nature intended.
The differences between raw and pasteurised (heated) honey:
Raw honey is honey has not been heated above the natural temperature of the hive (40-45° Celsius).
- Raw honey is an alkaline-forming food that contains natural vitamins, enzymes, powerful antioxidants and other important natural nutrients. These are the very nutrients that are destroyed during the heating and pasteurisation process. In fact, pasteurised honey is equivalent to, and just as unhealthy as, eating refined sugar.
- Raw honey has anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties.
- Raw honey promotes body and digestive health, is a powerful antioxidant, strengthens the immune system, eliminates allergies, and is an excellent remedy for skin wounds and all types of infections.
- Raw honey can also stabilise blood pressure, balance sugar levels, relieve pain, calm nerves, and it has been used to treat ulcers.
- Raw honey is also an expectorant and anti-inflammatory and has been known to effectively treat respiratory conditions such as bronchitis and asthma.
***Raw Honey will naturally crystallise and track (whitening of the honey) over time. This is an indication that your honey is raw as the enzymes that cause the candying process are still active. To return your honey to a liquid state, simply place your jar in warm water. All raw honey will have a top layer of particles of wax, propolis and bee pollen… another indication that the honey is undamaged by processing.
The Honey Lady range includes a variety of plain raw honeys (dependent on the season) and more than 9 creamed and spice blended honeys. The full range of our Raw Honey Lady Products are available on our Honey Lady Online Store.
Honey Lady is a 100% SA owned company.