- 200g Fresh Medjool dates
- 100g crushed/chopped almonds or nuts of your choice
- 75g coconut (desiccated or shredded)
- 10g Honey Lady Vanilla Bean Honey
- 10g Cocoa
- 20g Coconut Oil or Ghee
- Remove pips from dates
- Chop your almonds. I chop mine so they’re pretty small but still have some crunch.
- Put all ingredients together in a bowl and start squishing! If you’ve never used dates before it might seem like it’s never going to come together but just keep going and it wont take long and the dates will break down and hold everything together.
- Roll into balls and pop into the fridge.
Makes approx. 30 bite sized balls.
If you don’t want to use the coconut oil you can just use more dates. My kids don’t love dates and the coconut oil helps the cocoa blend nicely.
If you’re not sure how wet or dry they’re going to be leave the coconut until last and just add until you’re happy with the taste and texture.