(Christmas Honey Biscuits mixture need to be prepared the day before you want to cook them).
- 5 cups (500g) Honey Lady Raw Honey
- 113g butter (or substitute)
- ½ cup sugar
- 580g plain flour
- 5 tsp bi-carb soda
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- Melt butter, sugar and honey.
- Mix melted ingredients with dry ingredients – mix well.
- Leave covered overnight.
- Take a hand full of mixture and roll on a flour dusted sheet or board, and then cut into shapes.
- Cook for 8-12 minutes in moderate (180 degree oven).
- Makes 70-80 standard sized biscuits.
- Biscuits can burn very quickly when they start to brown.
- The thinner you roll the crunchier the biscuit.
- We have them plain but you can ice them as much or as little as you like.
- You can easily make these dairy free by substituting a dairy free alternative to the butter.
- You can also make these into a gluten free option by substituting the plain flour for a GF alternative.
- I have halved the mixture but why not double it and create little cellophane packs as Christmas presents.
These Honey biscuits are my Mum’s specialty
My mum has been making these biscuits for as long as I can remember. When we go camping at Christmas there are always a large number of ice-cream containers packed full with these goodies!