Health Benefits of Cinnamon
There are two main different types of cinnamon:
• Cinnamomum verum (Ceylon cinnamon)
• Cinnamomum aromaticum (Cassia cinnamon)
Honey Lady Cinnamon honey contains Cassia Cinnamon.
Cinnamon is used to help treat muscle spasms, vomiting, diarrhea, infections, the common cold, and loss of appetite.
Research suggests that cinnamon can lower blood sugar in people with type 1 or type 2 diabetes, according to Diabetes UK – although high quality research supporting the claim remains scarce. Cassia cinnamon has been shown to have the most effect on blood sugar in humans.
According to the National Institutes of Health, cinnamaldehyde, a chemical found in Cassia cinnamon, can fight against bacterial and fungal infections.
Cinnamon intake has also been associated with:
• Relieving pain among arthritis sufferers
• Boosting the body’s immune system
• Preventing the formation of blood clots
• Relieving indigestion