These protein packed muffins have been adapted from a recipe from Bree Argetsinger.
- 1 1/2 cup almond meal (or almond meal flour)
- 1/2 cup raw protein powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamon
- 1/2 tsp cacao
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbl olive oil
- 1/2 cup Honey Lady Ginger and Clove Honey
2 Tbl each of Hemp seeds, cacao nibs, coconut
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Put dry ingredients together in bowl and mix.
- Add in pumpkin and eggs and whisk well.
- Mix in olive oil and honey and combine well.
- Fill 12 muffin cases.
- Sprinkle topping if using.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes.
Variations and Tips
- Use plain honey instead of Ginger and Clove honey and add 1/2 tsp ginger and 1/4 tsp clove.
- Use Cinnamon honey, add 1/2 tsp ginger and 1/4 tsp clove for an extra cinnamon kick.
- Make pumpkin puree by cooking with a little water until soft and then blending or mashing with a fork. Freeze extra in ice cube trays for next time.