Warm Vegetable Salad with Pearl Couscous
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 bulb fennel
- punnet cherry tomatoes
- 2 red onions
- 1 zucchini
- handful of mushrooms
- 4-6 cloves of garlic
- olive oil to coat
- 1 cup Pearl couscous
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Chop vegetables into bite sized pieces. Toss them together with enough Olive Oil to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread out on lined tray (much easier for clean up) and bake at 180 degrees for approx 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Check after 30 minutes and cover with foil if vegetables are browning too much.
- Cook the couscous according to packet directions and drain.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together.
- Mix together vegetables, dressing and couscous and serve.
- You can use any vegetables you like really, just substitute for whatever is in season.
- This recipe goes just as well with freekah, quinoa or normal couscous.