Cinnamon Honey & Banana Bread
• 125g butter, cubed, at room temperature
• 125g (just over ½ cup) Honey Lady Cinnamon Honey
• 2 eggs, lightly whisked
• 2-3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
• 60mls (1/4 cup) buttermilk (you can use plain milk or yoghurt if you don’t have buttermilk)
• 300g (2 cups) plain flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mix butter and honey in mixing bowl until combined and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition until well combined.
- Add the bananas and buttermilk.
- Add sifted plain flour, baking powder and bi-carb soda.
- Pour into plan and bake in preheated oven for 45-60 minutes.
- If cake is burning on top cover with foil for final part of cooking. Cake is cooked when skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Stand the cake in plan for 10 minutes before removing.