Israeli Honey Cake
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup honey (140g) – I use Bush Honey
- ½ cup hot and strong instant coffee or black tea
- 1 cup and 1 TBL flour
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup castor or brown sugar
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of cloves
- Pinch of salt
1. Mix honey, oil and tea.
2. Add the sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, cloves and salt and allow to cool a little.
3. Add the egg and mix well.
4. Gently mix in the flour. Don’t over mix.
5. Bake at 180 degrees for 30 minutes
Note: Instead of oil you can use 1/3 cup apple puree and 1 tbl canola oil.
I can’t take the credit for this one – it came from bestrecipes.com.au. I’ve made it multiple times though and everyone loves it!