Lemon Myrtle Honey Cheesecake
Lemon Myrtle Honey Cheesecake is a delicious dessert for a hot summer day with the delicious twang of Australian Lemon Myrtle spice.
1 packet plain biscuits (approx. 240g)
125g melted butter
2 pkts cream cheese 500g (at room temperature)
1 carton cream 300g
1 tsp Honey Lady Vanilla Honey (optional)
¼ cup boiling water
3 tsp gelatine
1 tsp of honey for drizzling (optional)
- Mix gelatine with boiling water until dissolved – leave to cool. If there are any lumps of gelatine just scoop them out.
- Crush biscuits and mix with melted butter.
- Press biscuit mix into the base of a 26cm round spring form tin. There should be enough to go up the sides as well. Press firmly into place and then put tin in fridge.
- Place your cream cheese and honey into a mixer and beat until smooth.
- Slowly add the cooled gelatine mixture (this should still be liquid) to the cream cheese mix. Beat on high for approx 5 minutes
- Reduce speed and slowly add the cream. Beat until well combined.
- Pour mixture into tin and refrigerate until set. At least 3 hours.
- If you want to make a pretty pattern drizzle some honey over the top and run a knife or toothpick through it to make a swirly pattern.
Serve with some mixed seasonal berries.
Variations – add some crushed macadamia nuts or lemon rind to the base.